Monday, June 20, 2011

Alexandra Pop

A Door towards Culture

My English classes during the second semester were a bit different from what I was used to. I admit, at first I was skeptical, but in the end I realized that it was all for the best.

I remember the first time when our teacher showed us a movie about poetry. I was so impressed about what I had just seen, about the way poetry had been presented us. I could even live the lyrics that were written on the screen. It was simply wonderful!

Than there were other movies, one more interesting than the other. During those classes I learnt so much about science, literature, history, things that I would probably haven’t learnt otherwise.

The most exciting movie than I saw was ’’Hamlet’’. A story about a son trying to revenge his father’s death, a father that was the king of Denmark and who was  murdered by his own brother. Finally his death was revenged but with the cost of  Hamlet’s. I was deeply touched by this tragedy that  made me appreciate more than ever Shakespeare.

So, all I can say is that these classes have been for me a door towards culture and I feel sad that very soon they are going to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment